- Transportation to Paris from your hotel (VAN option) or from the Pullman Paris Eiffel Tower Hotel (BUS option).
- An enchanting experience in the impressionist world of Claude Monet.
- Visit Monet's home on your own to get a taste of his daily life.
- If option booked: Audio guide commentary for Giverny Gardens along the splendid, multicolored paths.
Excursion to Giverny Monet's House and Gardens | From Paris
Until 1st of November 2021
Choose to reserve
Departure and return from/to the agency located near the Louvre
Shared VAN of 8 people, pick-up and return from/to your Hotel in Paris
Come share a lovely experience in the world of Claude Monet at Giverny. Discover the impressionist by visiting Monet’s home and gardens at Giverny in Normandy.
Departure is from the agency in the center of Paris, at the Pullman Paris Eiffel Tower Hotel, at 7:45 a.m. or 2 p.m., according to the time you select when booking. During the trip aboard our air-conditioned bus, you can enjoy the beautiful green landscape of the French countryside.
After about one and a half hours on route, you will arrive at the Normand village of Giverny. Your hostess will lead you to the home of Claude Monet, where you can begin a self guided visit. You will see the daily life of this master of impressionism in his private apartment, the “blue salon”, which was his reading room, and the dining room, which houses the largest collection of Japanese stamps in the world. He lived here for 43 years, and it was his favorite place to paint.
You can then continue your excursion into the gardens of Giverny and truly dive into the world of impressionism. Two options are available for the Gardens at the time of booking: audio guided visit or guided visit of the Gardens.
A real gardener, Claude Monet designed his garden as a veritable work of art and made it into a source of essential inspiration. To see the gardens in magnificent flower, Giverny is only open from April to October. During your walk, you will cross the Clos Normand, where you will find numerous flowerbeds whose varying heights give volume to the locale. You also cross the water garden, with its pond of water lilies, which inspired the famous Waterlilies of Monet and the celebrated Japanese bridge, covered with wisteria.
At the end of your escapade, you return to board the bus to head back to the Pullman Paris Eiffel Tower Hotel.
What is included?
- Entrance ticket to: Claude Monet House and Gardens in Giverny
- Two available options to visit the Gardens: audio guide for the gardens or guided visit
- Round trip transportation from and to Paris
- Group coordinator
If BUS option booked, departure is at the Pullman Paris Eiffel Tower Hotel, 18 Avenue De Suffren, Entrance au 22 Rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris. Meet our representative with a Paris City Vision sign.
By Metro : Line 6, Station Bir-Hakeim.
If privative VAN option booked, departure and return are from/to your hotel.
Good to know
- If option booked: Audio guide available in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- Guide or Audio Guide visit for the Gardens (depending on option booked).
- No guide/audio guide can be used inside the Monet House and in the studio, as the rooms are very narrow.
Cancellation2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time)
1 calendar days prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)